1 connecting without a break; within a common boundary; "the 48 conterminous states"; "the contiguous 48 states" [syn: contiguous]
2 having a common boundary or edge; touching; "abutting lots"; "adjoining rooms"; "Rhode Island has two bordering states; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"; "the side of Germany conterminous with France"; "Utah and the contiguous state of Idaho"; "neighboring cities" [syn: abutting, adjacent, adjoining, contiguous, neighboring(a)]
- (of property leases) linked or related and expiring together
- (of geographical regions or properties) having matching
boundaries; or, adjoining and sharing a boundary
- New York's borough of Brooklyn and Kings County are
- To get a building warrant he had to show the plans to "conterminous proprietors", neighbours with whom his property shared a boundary.
- New York's borough of Brooklyn and Kings County are conterminous.
- having the same scope, range of meaning, or extent in time
- meeting end to end or at the ends
Translations*Icelandic: samlægur , samlæg , samlægt
accompanying, adjacent, adjoining, agreeing, bordering, buck, coetaneous, coeternal, coeval, coexistent, coexisting, coinstantaneous, collateral, combat, concomitant, concurrent, connecting, contemporaneous, contemporary, contend, contiguous, coterminous, dispute, duel, end to end, endeavor, endways, endwise, face to face, fight, immediate, isochronal, isochronous, joined, juxtaposed, neighbor, neighboring, next, oppose, repel, rival, simultaneous, traverse, unison, unisonous, vie, withstand